Yes, we all love wildlife photography but based on all the comments on the blog on on our Facebook page almost all of you agree that there is so much more to being out in the field with your camera. Yes, getting the shots are amazing and one of the reasons we head to all the amazing destinations out there but more than that it’s about the experience of wildlife photography.
Many things add to the overall experience of a photographic safari. The night sounds you hear when you are laying in your tent on the banks of the Mara River. The smell of the morning coffee. The amazing people you meet without who you will not be able to get the shots and experience Africa. Just being out there.
It was great to see so many of you agree with the way we see photographic travel and we look forward to sharing our passion for experiencing wildlife photography with you. Great images, great experiences and great memories!
To wrap up this theme we have unknowingly ran with this week our #beinspiredby theme is Experiences in the Wild.
#beinspiredby: Experiences in the Wild
Photographing White Rhino from ground level. Priceless.
An almost ethereal atmosphere in Svalbard photographic Reindeer.
We watched this scene from start to finish. Few photos were taken but the experience was amazing!
Here’s how it works if you want to share your images with us this week.
- Look through your images and select some of your favourite wildlife experiences.
- Process or reprocess them like you normally would using your favourite post-processing software.
- Go to the Wild Eye Facebook page
- Post your image there using with this heading: #beinspiredby: Experiences in the Wild
- In the description share some of your thoughts behind the experience and image. Tell us why it was special!
- Check the Facebook page throughout the weekend to see some of the other images and quotes that people are uploading.
- Next Monday I will then choose 5 of my favourite images and share them on the blog.
If you want to share a great sighting with us – because that is also a great experience – go for it.
If it’s the amazing African sunset or beautiful smile of the staff at a lodge that added to your experience absolute share it.
If you have an image of yourself in the field doing what you love – experiencing wildlife photography – we would like to see your images!
We look forward to seeing your images and experiences.
Happy sharing and catch you all on Monday!
Until next time.
Gerry van der Walt
* * *