The third edition of our popular Montecasino Bird gardens Photo Walk is taking place this Sunday! It’s time to get your camera ready, your finger’s poised on the shutter, questions on the tip of your tongue and join the Wild Eye team for a morning of photography and fun!
- Where: Montecasino Bird Gardens, Fourways
- When: 09:30 on Sunday 1 December
- Cost: R53 for adults and R 30 per child
- Your Hosts: Penny Robartes & Andrew Beck
This is a perfect opportunity to practice and utilise the knowledge and skills that you have previously been taught, hone in on the skills that you have been itching to try and conquer, or just practice taking images of birds with the Wild Eye team willing and waiting to assist you, answer questions and just be there to help improve your photography.
Now the bird gardens may not be the most natural of settings but they certainly do provide fantastic subjects and photographic opportunities for those wanting to hone their skills and get some tips and advice. These are some of the situations and topics we covered during our short walk through the gardens back in August:
- Photographing subjects in the shade
- Eliminating camera shake by means of shutter speed
- Using slow shutter speeds creatively
- Using aperture and depth of field to tell a story
- Photogrpahing Portraits
- Compositional and artistic guidelines
- Camera settings for birds in flight
- Tips for panning and tracking birds in flight
- Understanding and predicting animal behaviour
There is no need to book, just meet us at the entrance to the bird gardens at 09:30!