Gerry on 500px
Andrew on 500px
2012 Nature Photography Competition Winners
RSS FeedPhotochat Feed
- Thanks! :) RT @wildphotoafrica: @gerryvanderwalt Excellent blog chat Gerry about 6 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @teraeuro Haven't got one up (yet). Anything specific I can help with? about 6 hours ago from HootSuite in reply to TeraEuro ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @teraeuro Fantastic!! Look forward to seeing some of your results! :) about 6 hours ago from HootSuite in reply to TeraEuro ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lightroom, Overexposing and Shooting for Black & White http://t.co/LsD2oP6Xz6 #lightroom #monochrome #share about 6 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Be Inspired By: Elephants - Top 5 Images from last week's sharing on the @WildEyeSA Facebook page! http://t.co/NBDvziSQZ5 #wildlife #share about 6 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Who would you say is the most active independent #travel blogger in #SouthAfrica? about 35 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keen on visiting the #MasaiMara and witnessing the great migration in 2013? Check this out http://t.co/UyQrupiSlW #travel about 2 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Some great #Elephant images in @WildEyeSA's top 5 Be Inspired by series http://t.co/sawvig6v0i #Photography about 3 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind. -Dorothea Lange about 1 hour ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lightroom, Overexposing and Shooting for Black & White http://t.co/95WLyWas2J #Uncategorized #exposure #photography about 6 hours ago from dlvr.it ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Be Inspired By: Elephants – Top 5 Images http://t.co/ccA0WfMDwe #AllAuthors #Penny #photography about 6 hours ago from dlvr.it ReplyRetweetFavorite
Wildlife Photography SHOULD Be About
Too many wildlife photographers out there get it wrong and after reading a great post on Pixiq.com this post came to life.
The essence of why we do what we do sometimes get lost in the orgy of self-appreciation that some people get caught up in online.
Sad to see.
We need to keep it real.
We need to remember what it’s really about.
Wildlife photography should be about:
- Being outdoors
- Telling stories
- Finding yourself
- Trying new things
- Taking time
- Giving back
- The past
- The future
I reckon that’s a start.
To sum it up – you should do it for yourself. The moment you start doing wildlife photography for or other people or some or other sideline agenda your images will show the lack of honesty. The lack of truth. Lack of passion.
Awards, money, fame, fortune, likes, comments – If those are your goals you are gonna fail.
Along with the above it is also important to check out what wildlife photography should NOT be about. Check it out here.
Please feel free to add to the list by adding your comments below.
Until next time.
Gerry van der Walt
* * *