Botswana’s Desert & Delta Safari
- The Safari starts and ends in Maun
- 3 Nights Boteti River
- 3 Nights Savute
- 2 Nights Chobe River
- Great predator viewing
- No single suppliment
- Small group size (only 5 guests)
- Camps with incredible locations
- Migratory zebra herds along the Boteti River
- Experience the best of Botswana's dry season
Dates: September 23, 2019 - October 1, 2019
Guide: Johan van Zyl
Cost: USD 11 795,00
Single person supplement: Nil
Max number of Photographers: 5
Botswana is country that offers great diversity, both in landscape and game viewing. During the dry season, huge numbers of game concentrate along the permanent water sources, which is where we will be based during this Botswana Desert Delta Safari.
Our first Camp, Leroo la Tau (meaning the Lion’s paw) is situated on the banks of the Boteti River which is the main outflow of the Okavango Delta, collecting the water that flows past Maun and stretching about 250km southeast to Lake Xau on the extreme south-western edge of the great Makgadikgadi salt pans.
From Leroo La Tau we will connect on a light aircraft for a scenic flight to the Savute area, a place known for it’s predators. Savute Safari Lodge is your classic African Safari Camp. The rooms have been elegantly furnished in calm neutral tones to blend with the natural environment and oozes peace and tranquility. Situated on the Savute channel, it is not uncommon to get visitors moving thorugh the day and night as they seek the little bit of water that is around during this time of the year.
After Savute we will once again enjoy a scenic flight in a light aircraft as we make our way to the Chobe for the final destination in our Desert Delta Safari.
Our base in the Chobe will be Chobe Savanna Lodge which is situated in the eastern Caprivi, a narrow strip of country on the northern bank of the Chobe River and overlooks the vast floodplains of the Chobe National Park’s Puku Flats.
The activities here will be more water based as we enjoy the calmness of the Chobe River, a River which once again during this time of the year is the only water source close by, often a major attraction for wildlife.
Desert Delta Safari Itinerary
- Day 1: The Desert Delta Safari begins shortly after arriving in Maun when we connect on a flight to Leroo la Tau in time for an afternoon activity.
- Day 2 & 3: Enjoy morning and evening Safaris at Leroo la Tau. Depending on what has been seen around the previous afternoon, we will go in search of predators as well as Migratory herds of Zebra, who usually make their way to the Boteti River during the heat of the days.
- Day 4: Depart Leroo la Tau at a time to be confirmed at Camp, for a short flight to Savute Safari Lodge. Enjoy an afternoon game drive in an open game viewer at Sauvte.
- Day 5 & 6: Enjoy morning and evening game drives at Sauvte Safari Lodge. This area is known for incredible predator and Elephant viewing which will be the focus during our stay here.
- Day 7: Depart Savute Safari Lodge at a time to be confirmed at Camp, for a short scenic flight to Chobe Savanna Lodge. Enjoy an afternoon boat cruise on the beautiful Chobe River.
- Day 8: Enjoy boat cruises on the beautiful Chobe River in search of Elephants, Hippos, Crocodiles and a great variety of bird species.
- Day 9: Depart Chobe Savanna Lodge at a time to be confirmed for or flight to Maun which bring an end to our Desert Delta Safari.
Share this Post
Share This Safari With Your Friends