- 5 Nights Amboseli National Park
- 4 Nights Lake Nakuru national Park
- Internal Flight Between Amboseli and Nairobi
- Just 3 guests hosted by one experienced Wild Eye Guide
- Spend quality time photographing the Elephants of Amboseli
- Explore the magical Fever Tree Forests around the fringe of Lake Nakuru
Dates: April 10, 2018 - April 19, 2018
Guide: Michael Laubscher
Max number of Photographers: 3
Building on one of our most popular and iconic Kenyan Safari Itineraries, Big Cats and Tuskers, this safari affords guests the opportunity to spend a bit more time in two of Kenya’s most popular photographic destinations.
Your journey begins on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport where you’ll be met by your host and a Wild Eye East Africa representative. From here we head South East towards Amboseli National Park and after a 5 hour drive (most of which is on tar roads) you’ll enter the wonderful wildlife haven that is Amboseli. Spending time in one destination allows one to get an idea of the ebb and flow of the wildlife movements and in Amboseli, will also maximise your chances of capturing the iconic image of elephants with Mount Kilimanjaro in the background.
Our base for these 5 nights is the Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge which is located inside the park and provides direct access to two of the swamps most frequented by Elephants. A typical day will involve heading out just before sunrise with a packed breakfast, returning for a light lunch before heading out to make the most of the afternoon light and fine dust. As with most of our itineraries, this trip is costed on a single basis so each guest will have their own room at no additional cost.
The morning of day 6 is slightly different as we enjoy a short morning drive to the Airstrip where we will board a flight from Amboseli to Nairobi (roughly 45 minutes). On arrival at Wilson Airport we will be met by our Wild Eye East Africa guide and will take a drive to Lake Nakuru National Park (roughly 2.5 hours from Nairobi). On arrival we will enjoy a light lunch before heading out to explore the fever tree forests and lake shore.
Lake Nakuru is one of those destinations that lends itself to some incredible photography of both animals in their environment and tight intimate portraits. The diversity and concentration of game here is astounding and you won’t drive for long without seeing something special. The Sarova Lion Hill lodge will be the base for the 4 nights here and provides the ideal base from which to explore the region.
The final morning of the safari will see us head out on a drive and enjoy a packed breakfast before leaving the park and heading back south to Nairobi in time for you tp connect to your return flight home or safari extension.
- Day 1: Drive from Nairobi to Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
- Day 2: Full day Amboseli, overnight Amboseli Serena
- Day 3: Full day Amboseli, overnight Amboseli Serena
- Day 4: Full day Amboseli, overnight Amboseli Serena
- Day 5: Full day Amboseli, overnight Amboseli Serena
- Day 6: Morning Game drive and Flight to Nairobi, drive to Lake Nakuru, overnight Sarova Lion Hill
- Day 7: Full Day Lake Nakuru, overnight Sarova Lion Hill
- Day 8:Full Day Lake Nakuru, overnight Sarova Lion Hill
- Day 9: Full Day Lake Nakuru, overnight Sarova Lion Hill
- Day 10: Morning Game Drive and departure by road for Nairobi
Share This Safari With Your Friends