- The Safari begins and ends at Entebbe Airport
- 3 Gorilla treks in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Small group size
- No supplement for single travelers
- Dedicated Lightroom assistance
- Easy to combine with our new "Undiscovered Unganda Safari"
Dates: June 15, 2019 - June 20, 2019
Guide: Michael Laubscher
Cost: USD 6,995.00 Per Single Guest
Deposit: USD 3,000.00 holding deposit
Max number of Photographers: 5
On this dedicated Gorilla photo safari we will spend all our time focusing on photographing the critically endangered Mountain Gorillas in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
For three days we will spend our mornings in the forest looking for and photographing gorillas.
The afternoons will be spent downloading and processing the images from that day during dedicated Lightroom sessions at the lodge during which Michael will help you to not only get the most out of your gorilla images but also in putting together a solid and diverse portfolio from the safari.
If you’re looking for a photographic safari focusing completely on gorillas get in touch and book your spot on a bucket list adventure that will change the way you see the world!
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- 15 June 2019 – Arrival in Entebbe airport and transfer to the Boma Guest House.
- 16 June 2019 – After breakfast we will transfer back to Entebbe International Airport for our scheduled flight to Kihihi where we will meet our local guide who will transfer us to Buhoma Lodge. During dinner Gerry will run you through a short presentation of logistics, what to expect and share some photographic ideas and inspiration for the gorilla treks ahead.
- 17 June 2019 – After breakfast we will make our way to the ranger’s station where we will meet our guide for a full briefing before heading out to the starting point of our gorilla trek. Mountain gorillas are wild animals and, as such, sightings cannot be guaranteed but viewing success rates are over 90%. Once sighted, we will have an hour with the gorillas before making our way back to the lodge. Trek times can vary from 2 to 7 hours and the day’s activities will be arranged accordingly but normally there will be ample time in the afternoon to relax, recharge your batteries, download your images and work with Gerry on some processing techniques. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Lodge.
- 18 June 2019 – Another full day on the Bwindi impenetrable Forest for our second gorilla trek. In the afternoon we will transfer to Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge where we will spend the last two nights of the safari.
- 19 June 2019 – Another full day on the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for our third gorilla trek.
- 20 June 2019 – After a breakfast at the lodge we will transfer to Kihihi airstrip for a scheduled flight to Entebbe International Airport from where our trip will come to an end and we connect with our flights back home.
- Gorilla Trekking: Gorilla trekking timings and conditions vary tremendously as the gorillas move continuously through the rain forest. It is good to be prepared and remember the weather can change with very little warning. The terrain is often steep and through areas where there are no marked paths. It can be very strenuous – it may be just a couple of hours but it can also be for a full day of up to 8 hours or more of hiking in hot, high altitude conditions – please be prepared for this by being as fit as possible.
- Packing List: Once your spot on the safari is confirmed Michael will be in touch with a packing list PDF which will help you to prepare for this incredible bucket list experience.
Accommodation on this Safari
Buhoma Lodge, Bwindi Impenetrable Forsest
Buhoma Lodge, a top quality and intimate property, commands spectacular and uninterrupted views of the Bwindi impenetrable Forest National Park, home to the rare and elusive Mountain Gorilla. One of only two lodges situated within the National Park, we’re a short walking distance from the meeting point for gorilla tracking and other activities in the area. An elevated central lounge area, complete with bar, dining and spa facilities, offers a cosy, comfortable environment to discuss the day’s activities around the fireplaces which add atmosphere and warmth in the cool evenings.
Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge
Overlooking the primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge is the finest luxury lodge at Bwindi. With dramatic intense views of the forest canopy across a serene stream, it is one of Africa’s unique properties. The gorillas frequently come to relax in the verdant bush around the lodge! The lodge is perfectly located for a Uganda jungle gorilla tracking experience..
Share This Safari With Your Friends