- Fully inclusive of all meals, drinks and activities
- Starts and Ends at Kilimanjaro international Airport
- Maximum of 6 guests split across two Toyota Landcruiser 4 x 4's
- Includes internal flights between Kilimanjaro International Airport and Seronera
- 10 Nights spent in Camps close to the most iconic and photogenic Kopjies of the Serengeti
Dates: May 31, 2019 - June 10, 2019
Guide: Andrew Beck
Cost: USD 11 995.00 per single guest
Single person supplement: Nil
Max number of Photographers: 6 pax
This safari was born out of the desire of many photographers who want to spend time focussing on a particular species or scene, in order to produce a comprehensive portfolio after a safari. Focussing on a specific species or scene can be very rewarding and our goal with this safari is to capture the wildlife which abounds on and around the kopjies of the Serengeti.
How does this differ from a normal Safari Itinerary?
With most safaris, our goal is to capture the diversity and range of wildlife in a particular region. Whilst this rings true in this instance too, our focus will be on capturing and developing a portfolio focussed on the famous and iconic Kopjies of the Serengeti. The two camps have been chosen specifically with their location and proximity to the kopjies of the region meaning that we will be able to maximise our time around these incredible landscape features.
We will more than likely spend extended periods of time waiting for key moments, interactions, light and weather to fall into place as we strive to capture dramatic story-telling images of the region. Personally, my goal for each guest joining me on this safari will be to assist them in obtaining a diverse portfolio of 10 images which tell the story and capture the grandeur of the Kopjies of the Serengeti.
Our journey begins in Arusha with a direct flight to Seronera Airstrip in the heart of the Serengeti.
A scenic drive to the south see’s us arriving at a seasonal tented safari Camp set up just for our group of guests in a prime location giving us easy access to the well known Simba, Moru and Gol Kopjies. No lodge is close enough to allow us to spend the time we desire in this region and the tented camp ensures that we are able to maximise our photographic opportunities here during our 5 nights stay. We will enjoy spacious tents with en-suite shower/toilet, comfortable beds and quality linens whilst our private safari chef prepares delicious meals and the camp waiters will look after our every need.
From here we head North East to the Serengeti Wilderness Camp in the Seronera region. Seronera’s network of river valleys ensure year-round water supplies and support an incredibly rich wildlife population throughout the year. There is plenty of resident game: big cats, elephant and buffalo herds – and of course it’s in the path of the wildebeest migration at certain times of the year –an incredible spectacle. If you prefer an intimate safari experience, without compromising on comfort, this is just the camp for you.
Small, with just twelve tents, it offers traditional ‘under canvas’ accommodation. Serengeti Wilderness Camp is a truly eco-friendly camp set up with due respect for this fragile eco system– complete with ensuite flush toilets, bucket showers and 12-volt solar powered bedside lamps. Every tent boasts a shady veranda, where guests can relax and soak up their surroundings – perhaps read a book, or simply enjoy the birdlife and game passing through camp.
The central dining area, casual lounge and well stocked bar are a great spot to relax and swop safari stories with fellow guests, with the cosy campfire a firm favourite for sundowners and snacks. Enjoy superb food, a relaxing casual atmosphere and great Tanzanian hospitality in one of the most beautiful places on earth! You can’t get much closer to nature than this! The location of the camp also means you can take to the sky for a bird’s eye view of your surroundings on a Balloon Safari (an optional extra at an additional cost)
- Day 1: Scheduled Coastal Air flight from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Seronera (10h50/12h15) and transfer to Serengeti Explorer Mobile Camp for 5 nights
- Day 2: Full day Serengeti Explorer Mobile Camp and surrounds as we explore the kopjies in the region.
- Day 3: Full day Serengeti Explorer Mobile Camp and surrounds as we explore the kopjies in the region.
- Day 4: Full day Serengeti Explorer Mobile Camp and surrounds as we explore the kopjies in the region.
- Day 5: Full day Serengeti Explorer Mobile Camp and surrounds as we explore the kopjies in the region.
- Day 6: After breakfast we transfer by road through the park to Serengeti Wilderness Camp in time for lunch.
- Day 7: Serengeti Wilderness Camp and surrounds as we explore the kopjies in the region.
- Day 8:Serengeti Wilderness Camp and surrounds as we explore the kopjies in the region.
- Day 9: Serengeti Wilderness Camp and surrounds as we explore the kopjies in the region.
- Day 10: Serengeti Wilderness Camp and surrounds as we explore the kopjies in the region.
- Day 11: Morning Game Drive and transfer to Seronera airstrip for scheduled Coastal Air flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport (10h45/12h30).
Share This Safari With Your Friends