- Safari starts & ends at ORT International Airport Johannesburg (If making use of the complimentary road transfer)
- Open to Kruger National Park
- Excellent general game and Leopard Sightings
- Great lion sightings & the hope of tracking down the white lions of the Timbavati
- Shindzela transverses Makanyi's property with only a few vehicles on a large property (6 000Ha)
- No single supplement
Dates: May 6, 2018 - May 11, 2018
Guide: Michael Laubscher & Alistair Smith
Cost: ZAR 21,650.00 per single guest
Deposit: ZAR 10,825.00
Max number of Photographers: 8
Adjacent to the magnificent Kruger National Park lies a region that established itself within the safari industry several decades ago. The region became known for incredible game viewing, most notably that of the big cats. The land was mostly privately owned & operated and the presence of so many people within the safari area meant wildlife became incredibly relaxed. It did not take long for tourists to turn it into a photographic safari hotspot & it’s now known to produce some of the most incredible game viewing in Africa. This Timbavati Photo Safari aims to open up this region to you and reveal it’s hidden gems in an authentic safari experience.
Our base for this safari is Shindzela, an authentic Eco-Friendly tented safari camp set on wooden decks under thatch (grass) roofs each with their own en-suite shower, toilet and hand basin along the banks of a dry riverbed, facing a small watering hole. Come and enjoy an informal, relaxed atmosphere, and warm African hospitality. Shindzela offers guests a greater Kruger wildlife safari, in an unfenced wilderness environment. The camp and the areas we will traverse are situated in a private concession area within the Timbavati Reserve. This means we are able to offer guests a number of distinct advantages;
- The camp is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness
- We can stay out later on activities, including night drives and spend more time at each sighting, dependent on animal movements
- We are permitted to drive off road into the bush in search of predators and / or unusual sightings
Staying in an authentic canvas safari tent is reminiscence of an authentic safari from a bygone era, when Africa was still being explored and a safari was all about the sights, sounds and smells of Africa.
A safari under canvas brings this back and lets you experience Africa up close and personal! Come and be part of our Timbavati Photo Safari, a magical African experience!
Game viewing in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve is exceptional, with an abundance of the big five as well as hyena, honey badger, kudu, wildebeest, zebra, giraffe, waterbuck, impala and warthog. The larger and more rare antelopes like Roan, Eland and Tsessebe have been slow to return to the area, but the critically endangered African wild dog is a regular visitor.
The terrain varies from Acacia thornveld and Marula trees to open savannah grasslands as well as dense riverines with majestic Jackalberry and Fig trees, allowing for superb game viewing and of course, photography.
South Africa is a country filled with many incredible sights & destinations, and the Timbavati Photo Safari can easily be combined with several other great destinations. It’s a short 2 hour travel distance, by plane & road from Johannesburg making it ideal any avid nature lover.
- Day 1 – Road transfer from O.R.T International Airport (Johannesburg) (roughly 6/7 hours) to Shindzela Bushcamp. Check-In, lunch and first afternoon safari, dinner & overnight at Shindzela Bushcamp.
- Day 2 – 5 – Full day at Shindzela, early morning safari, breakfast, downtime/time for lightroom, lunch, evening safari, dinner & overnight at Shindzela Bushcamp.
- Day 6 – Last early morning safari, breakfast, checkout & transfer by road to O.R.T. International Airport (Johannesburg)
Share This Safari With Your Friends