Don’t be that guy or girl.
Don’t put incredible wildlife and nature images out there without removing the dust spots.
It’s just wrong.
If you photograph wildlife, regardless of how careful you are with your gear, you will get dust spots on your images. It is almost inevitable.
That being said, there is no excuse for showing off your work with dust spots as removing them in either Lightroom or Photoshop is a really quick and easy process.
In this video I show you how to get rid of dust spots in your images.
The two Lightroom keyboard shortcuts mentioned in the video are:
- Q – Open / close the Spot Removal Tool
- A – Turn Visualize Spots on and off (Lightroom 5 only)
If you use Photoshop, and you want to mimic the visualise spots function:
- Create a Brightness / Contrast layer
- Drop the Brigthness all the way
- Select your background layer
- Use the Lasso tool to remove dust spots
- Delete the Brightness / Contrast layer
Removing dust spots is not difficult but very important and shows that you care about the finesse, the quality of your work.
Until next time.
Gerry van der Walt
* * *