Being out in one of Africa’s most untouched wilderness area is not a luxury but necessity of the human spirit!
The Timbavati Private Game Reserve one of South Africa’s most iconic safari destinations. The reserve is in the Limpopo Province and is about a 5h30 drive from Johannesburg.
The reserve is roughly 55 000 hectares and it forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park which means there is no fences between the Kruger and the Timbavati.
Deep within the heart of this untouched wilderness, lies Shindzela Tented Safari Camp where my guiding life all started.
Shindzela is an authentic Eco-Friendly tented safari camp set on wooden decks under thatch (grass) roofs each with their own en-suite shower, toilet and hand basin along the banks of a dry riverbed, facing a small watering hole.
Come and enjoy an informal, relaxed atmosphere, and warm African hospitality. Shindzela offers guests a greater Kruger wildlife safari, in an unfenced wilderness environment.
The camp and the areas we will traverse are situated in a private concession area within the Timbavati Reserve. This means they are able to offer guests a number of distinct advantages;
- The camp is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness
- We can stay out later on activities, including night drives and spend more time at each sighting, dependent on animal movements
- We are permitted to drive off road into the bush following predators and / or unusual sightings
Staying in an authentic canvas safari tent is reminiscence of an authentic safari from a bygone era, when Africa was still being explored and a safari was all about the sights, sounds and smells of Africa.
Come and join me on a safari under canvas. This will take you back and lets you experience Africa up close and personal, I can assure you that this will be nothing less than a magical African experience!
Getting to what you can expect to see on this safari;
The Timbavati has become know for its incredible game viewing with the hope of tracking down the famous white lions that reappeared in 2006 after an absence of many years.
Come be a part of and feel the freedom of the unfenced pristine wilderness that borders the Kruger National Park and the Sabi Sands Private Reserve. As the animals are able to wander freely between the reserves, guests are likely to be treated to frequent Big Five sightings, particularly the big cats.
The Timbavati is also home to HUGE herds of buffalo and elephant. Talking from experience here, if we struggle to find them lions but do bump into a large herd of buffalo there is a good chance of bumping into lions trailing the herd looking for the next meal.
Here are the highlights of the Shindzela Photo Safari;
- Safari includes transfer to & from ORT International Airport
- Explore the beautiful scenery of the Timbavati and lookout for over 40 mammal species
- Great lion sightings & the hope of tracking down the white lions of the Timbavati
- Shindzela traverses Makanyi’s property with only a few vehicles on a large property (6 000Ha)
- Ample time to be spent with animals in the field
- Game drives in one of Africa’s most prolific game viewing areas
I truly look forward to joining you on safari and helping you change the way you see the world!
Shindzela Photo Safari
We would be delighted to take you back a few years to experience the long lost safari tradition and becoming part of the African legacy.More Info
Share this Post