As you might know, I’m off to Kenya later tonight where I will be hosting a group of photographers as we travel through Kenya in search of photographic opportunities.
Packing for a trip like this is always quite a mission and no, I am not referring to clothes or whatever else normal people take with them when they travel.
What I am talking about it all the gear I have been able to fit into my Pro Elite camera bag.
I continue to be amazed at the amount of photographic equipment I can comfortably fit into this bag.
Check this out.
For this trip I will be taking the following equipment – all which fits very comfortably into my Pro Elite.[list type=”bullet”]
- Canon 1Dx
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8 USM L II
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
- Nikon D3s
- Nikon D700
- Nikon 1.4x Teleconverter
- Nikon 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II
- Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM
Along with the basic camera gear I will be taking the following bits and pieces:[list type=”bullet”]
- Pro Elite Backpack from Clil Eilte SA
- Memory Card Valet from Clik Elite SA
- 8 x 8 GB SanDisk CF Cards
- 2 x 16 GB SanDisk CF Cards
- Redged 428G Travel Tripod
- Redged RNB-2 Ballhead
- Hanhel Remote Control for Nikon
- Canon TC-80N3 Timer & Remote Controller
- 13″ Macbook Pro
- 1GB Transcend External HDD
- 64GB iPhone 4s
- 32 GB iPad
- All relevant chargers and cables
Might sound like a lot but each of these pieces of equipment has a specific goal for the trip – whether for myself or one of our guests. Will be sharing more on why have chosen the various bodies and lenses and why – shudder – I have include both Nikon and Canon in my bag!
For now, check out how easily all the above equipment fits into the Pro Elite.
In the pouches on the side of the bag I have all the chargers and my memory card valet while the top pouch is great for travel documents, wallet, etc.
When you then close the bag there are two slots for a laptop and an iPad which rounds off a truly amazing product.
Yes, it might be heavy (heavier than carry-on but don’t tell anybody) but being able to fit all this equipment into one baf is priceless.
Big shout out to Clik Elite SA for their continued support and amazing products!
Until next time.
Gerry van der Walt
* * *