A picture is worth a thousand words, or so the saying goes.
There are many reasons why I love photography, not the least of which is that a photograph (or a series of them) has the ability to convey stories to those that view them.
Over the centuries people have gathered around campfires, in town squares, over meals and so on to tell their stories and these gatherings have become central to the shaping of cultures and communities.
In more recent times some people have lamented that the art of story telling has been lost amidst the rise of different technologies.
Perhaps there is some truth in this but I also wonder if perhaps it’s just the way we tell stories that has changed.
One such medium for story telling in the time we live is digital photography. A photograph has the ability to convey emotion, mood, narrative, ideas and messages, all of which are important elements of story telling.
Have a look at these and tell me if they told you anything?
You would be lying to me if you said those images did not send across different emotions, moods, behaviours, actions, meanings and so on and so forth.
I believe those photographs are amazing, each telling their own story and I believe anybody can achieve this and take amazing photos and this is one of the reasons why I love photography so much.
The reason I believe this is because I love photography, and all it has to offer.
To mention a few other reasons why I love photography;
- I love taking photographs
- I love that anybody can take photos
- I love the way it makes me feel when I get the shot that I wanted
- I love the ability to take my photographs further when I use post-processing techniques
- I love the artistic freedom that it gives me
- I love to tell a story
- I love to capture that special moment in time
- I love to capture all the incredible parts/journey’s of my life
- I love to look back and remember/relive the moments
- I love the importance of photographs throughout our lives
- I love learning new things about photography
- I love that it’s a journey that travels with you
- I love that so many people share their photographs
- I love to share my photographs
- I love to look at photographs
- I love that photography is an art form
- I love the emotions it evokes in people when they look at photographs
- I love that you can have a 100 photographs captured at the same place and they can all be different
But I think what I love most is;
- I love teaching others how to use their camera
- I love seeing the look on peoples faces once they understand their camera and nail those shots!
Those two two points are very rewarding indeed!
It all comes down to you.
You are the one that must take that step, make that change and put in the time to learn in order to document your moments in life and tell the world a story.
Until next time;
Share this Post